Top 7 Things NOT To Do During a Mercury Retrograde
Mercury goes retrograde May 18th 2015 – June 11th This is the most powerful Mercury retrograde of the year since not only does Mercury rule Gemini, but it will also pass over some of the most potent and bright stars in the firmament.
We will feel extra sensitive; everything will seem hyper-real, you will notice things you had overlooked before. This will prompt you to re-evaluate, renovate, re-form, and re-invent. It’s true you might have to redo things, because Mercury will hit the same degree three times, but what this transit won’t let you do is to go into autopilot.
1. Don’t Marry: Even if you have been engaged for a while or have just started dating and things have become very serious – wait! Don’t run to the altar yet. You may look back at this decision as a hasty one. Let Mercury go direct before you plunge in.
2. Avoid Traveling: If you can’t put certain trips on hold, just be aware that you can expect an unusual amount of last-minute flight cancellations, meeting postponements and long transportation delays. Allow extra time when traveling; make sure your bags are very secure. Take extra precautions, because during this time they may be more likely to be lost or stolen. Re-confirm your reservations, appointments and addresses for your meetings, as delays and cancellations can be expected.
3. Don’t Accept or Start a Job: If you do, you may regret it. During Mercury retrograde, things are not what they seem to be.
4. Don’t Buy Big Ticket Items and Electronics: That is – unless you enjoy making purchases that you’ll later regret because you discover that something was wrong with the purchase. If you must buy, ensure you have the receipts and warranties in place – they will prove handy when you get in for an exchange.
5. Don’t Start New Projects: Avoid launching new projects or making that “big presentation.” People may either not understand it or oppose it. You may find out later that you left out a vitally important detail that you didn’t think of.
6. Don’t Repair Your Vehicles unless you absolutely have to: Repairs on the equipment in your car/bike should be delayed. If you have to repair it, make sure to triple-check the work that was done. Understand that you may find out when Mercury goes direct that the repair wasn’t properly done and will have to be done again.
7. Don’t Schedule Important Meetings Or Give Presentations: Avoid fixing meetings during a retrograde. Not only would experience confusion, mistakes and cancellations but it would get very hard to close a deal or negotiate.
The Best Advice: To avoid these problems, wait until Mercury goes direct to make important decisions. By waiting until Mercury is direct, you will possess important information that you didn’t know while Mercury was retrograde.