I won’t feel sorry for myself right now. So I’ll do something to move forward today, tomorrow, the next day, the next year, all my life.
There are no right answers and there’s no manual to run our lives, but over time I have discovered that we can learn to manage our disappointments and that, there is no need to bury pain in some part of our heart/head.
I’m listing a couple of things that have helped me which I’ve added and adapted to as I evolved.
- At some point you will have to let go of things that you can’t control. Or even stress about them.
- Surround yourself with people who make you happy. And I don’t care even if they’re your old friends but are toxic. Get rid of them. You evolved and maybe they didn’t – you have to let go of them. Sticking around with them will keep eroding your self esteem and your self worth.
- DON’T and I repeat DO NOT let ANYONE disrespect you, put you down. We teach people how to treat us – hold yourself up, stand up for yourself and don’t tolerate bad behaviour – no matter who it is.
- Find your tribe and then stick to it. Make an effort to stay connected with them.
- Be brave to share your story. But, with only those who deserve to listen.
- Define your emotional boundaries – be explicit. Don’t shy away from stating it as it it. And don’t apologise.
- Push your own personal comfort zone, try a different sport, take a small risk, you won’t know until you don’t try it.
- You are you and that’s the only person you should compare yourself with. Don’t waste time comparing with others. Someone else’s success does not determine your failure. Remember everyone’s journey is different, it doesn’t matter how long that journey takes.
- There are no free lunches. If you have big dreams, those big dreams will require big sacrifices, putting in the time and working as hard as you can. Be willing to do that.
- Read more. If you haven’t read in a while, start picking up back that habit. You can start by reading your favorite books first then go and start a new series.
- Take care of yourself. Eat healthy, exercise and stay hydrated. Drink tons of water, smoothies and fruit juices.
The way you do anything is the way you do everything.